After the pink jersey, Anna van der Breggen wears the rainbow one. The Dutch flag waves on the first day of the 2020 UCI World Championship in Imola – Emilia Romagna. The 30-year-old fresh winner of the Women’s Giro d’Italia conquered the opening time trial of the world championships, covering the 31.7 km flat course scheduled for the Elite Women ITT with a time of 40’20″14. Rolling at 47.154 km/h she beat the Swiss Marlen Reusser and her compatriot Ellen van Dijk.
The defending world champion, the American Chloé Dygert, was unlucky after she went off the road following a skid in the downhill curve, and was forced to abandon the race while she was leading at the intermediate. Tenth place for the Italian Vittoria Bussi, who gives the home national team the top ten, 25th for the young Vittoria Guazzini on her debut in an Elite world championship.
sayes Anna Van der Breggen, with the gold medal around her neck.
About the road race on Saturday:
The second classified says Marlen Reusser:
Ellen Van Dijk concludes:
Order of arrival
1) Van der BREGGEN Anna (Netherlands) km 31.7 in 40:20.14 – average speed 47.154 km/h
2) REUSSER Marlen (Switzerland) +15.58
3) Van DIJK Ellen (Netherlands) +31.46
4) BRENNAUER Lisa (Germany) +45.06
5) BROWN Grace (Australia) +1:01.20
6) NEBEN Amber Leone (USA) +1:20.32
7) JORGENSEN Emma Cecilie Norsgaard (Denmark) +1:22.12
8) KROGER Mieke (Germany) +1:31.10
9) STEPHENS Lauren (USA) +1:43.03
10) BUSSI Vittoria (Italy) +1:46.62